Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to Poetry Is Cool Part Trois! I am currently writing about poetry, inter-disciplinary and collaborative projects, art, books, food and running from Ellensburg, WA--the next phase of my blogging experiment. This blog began when I was writing a poem a day during National Poetry Month in 2010. Some days you will find new photos and posts, sometimes a new link that interests me, sometimes there will be a new "French" sentence---I have a new goal of blogging at least once per week. I am always interested to hear from you. Say hello!



Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Poetry is Cool Part Deux


Welcome to Southern France, where for the next two and a half weeks I am at La Muse Artists' and Writers' Retreat in the Languedoc village of Labastide Esparbairenque.

I am lucky to be on a sabbatical from my job as a writing professor at Central Washington University and very lucky to be here at La Muse right now.

My friend in the photo above, Homer, La Muse's pet spaniel, has been accompanying me on my long runs on the mountain roads that surround the village.

I will be blogging about poetry, writing, running, food, animals and other loves of my life. There will be a daily poem and a running journal. Say hello!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, Homer. I think he's the resident artist and we're all of his muses, inspiring him to have the happiest life on earth.

    Beautiful page! Can't wait for more --

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katharine,

    Checked out Pema. Love what I've read already, when she talks of the outbreath leading to no mind. Great. Thanks. :) J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, cool site--in many senses. I look forward to your poetry selections. Post one of yours soon!

    ReplyDelete