Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to Poetry Is Cool Part Trois! I am currently writing about poetry, inter-disciplinary and collaborative projects, art, books, food and running from Ellensburg, WA--the next phase of my blogging experiment. This blog began when I was writing a poem a day during National Poetry Month in 2010. Some days you will find new photos and posts, sometimes a new link that interests me, sometimes there will be a new "French" sentence---I have a new goal of blogging at least once per week. I am always interested to hear from you. Say hello!



Monday, September 27, 2010

Espar?

La Muse in Labastide Esparbairenque
Even the flight attendant on my Air France flight who was from the Languedoc had trouble pronouncing the name of the town which was my destination..But after missing my first flight to Toulouse, then barely making my train to Carcassonne, I was picked up at the train station by John Fanning, the director of La Muse.La Muse is a Writer's and Artist's Retreat in the Aude "department" in the Languedoc region of Southern France.

I was so pleased to be given a residency here. The above is the hallway to my room.
This is the street side of La Muse.





This is the back, which faces the valley. When the weather is warm, the patio is a great place for dinner.

The town is in the middle of the "Black Mountain" region. Basically in the middle of a huge chestnut and pine forest---no one ever knows what part of France I am talking about when I try to describe it.

on the map!

No comments:

Post a Comment